Sunday, March 23, 2008

The New Lost

Much, much better. We're back to a psychological thriller with Ben manipulating everyone, and one of his plans (at least, maybe two) is collapsing. It's great, but I think I'm going to miss Mira Furlan.

I say maybe two of Ben's plans went awry, because this would hardly be the first time Ben's sent people to their deaths. So far as we know, whoever Ben considered a good person from the ship could already be on the island.

I was surprised to see the ship's crew practically tell Michael they were there to kill, and in large numbers. This raises questions about what Faraday and Charlotte were doing at the Tempest. Is it to Widmore's and Ben's advantages both for the gas to be disabled? If Widmore is going to kill everyone but Ben anyway, why be squeamish about the gas? Maybe just to deny Ben recourse to it. I could see that.

No comments: