Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Insomnia Attacks

This is terrible. The sun is shining. The world is drenched in arctic frozen light. I've been to bed twice, but I'm still awake. I was fixed for a whole month almost too.

Yesterday morning was worse, weather-wise. Slick ice over everything. I decided to go out to McDonalds for some high culture dining before I turned in. I know it's a bad habit (worse, I tend to sweat out the grease) and I don't do it very often. But I went yesterday. The parking lot was an ice rink. You could have played hockey on it. I had to shuffle across inch by inch, knees locked and hoping I didn't do the splits and crack my head open, knock out my teeth, or damage other precious parts of my body. I'm serious about the splits too. A few years ago I barely managed to stay on me feet and in the act I almost hurt myself in a completely different way.

That story would have gone around the ER for a few years. I think I'm legendary enough around this town as the pale freak that lives out in the woods and never comes out during the day. Yeah, that's me. Vampire Roamer. Out every night, asleep every day. I stalk the sidewalks in layers with an iPod in my ears. I guess I have to be up to no good.

2 comments:

David said...

Oh, Vampire Roamer.

Somewhere, kiddo, there's a story.

I can't even imagne your life, but I kind of get the whole oddness that others see you as.

Of course, you also described -it seemed - the life of an emo boy. So, as long as your hair is cut semi-normal, and not looking like you lost a contest with a weed wacjker, you're okay in my book.

Vampire Roamer. Love that title.

Midnight Wanderer said...

"So, as long as your hair is cut semi-normal, and not looking like you lost a contest with a weed wacjker, you're okay in my book."

I tried to cut it myself and it did come out that way.